Family vacations are great for reconnecting, romantic getaways help keep the spark alive, but sometimes you just need a weekend away with the girls. You need time to focus on your friendships, reminisce old memories and take time to relax and recharge together. Here at our Virginia bed and breakfast, we make it easy and convenient to plan the best girls trip in the Charlottesville area.
Relax and Unwind
Prospect Hill sets the stage for relaxing and catching up with the girls in a unique setting. This 18th-century plantation was transformed into a getaway haven located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Foothills. Our gorgeous rooms and cottages focus on comfort while including a rustic and elegant feel. Each space also features modern amenities, such as luxury robes for lounging around, fireplaces, snacks, and premium toiletries. You and your girlfriends will revel in the historic and sophisticated charm of the Inn while being amazed by the stunning 40-acre, mountain range views.
Some of our favorite rooms and cottages to spend time with the girls include:
• 1820 Miss Vashti’s Room
• 1732 Thompson Room
• 1720 Overseer’s Cottage (very private cottage with a large sitting room… the perfect hang-out spot!)
• 1870 Miss Marcie’s Room
• 1850 Carriage House (extra-large cottage… room for all the girls to gather!)
What Girls Do Best
After settling into your rooms, you and the girls can grab a drink and tour the magnificent grounds, relax and tan by the pool, feed the horses and alpacas, or head out to one of our favorite local wineries. After returning, prepare yourself for one of the finest meals you’ll experience anywhere in Virginia… right in our own dining room! And if you’re still craving more adventure and want to experience everything the area has to offer, there are more than enough things to do in Charlottesville.
- Grab your wine glasses, girls, it’s time to take advantage of our of historic location and experience some spectacular Virginia wine tours, breweries, and distilleries! With over 20 different Charlottesville vineyards to choose from, all with unique tasting rooms, everyone will be in vino heaven. Some of our favorite spots to grab drinks include Keswick Vineyards, Jefferson Winery, Trump Winery, Blenheim Winery, Castle Hill Cidery, Virginia Distillery, Blue Mountain Brewery, Devils Backbone Brewery.
- What would a girl’s trip be without shopping? Just a short drive from our Virginia inn, everyone can find something to take home when visiting Main Street and the Historic Downtown Mall. With more than 120 shops and 30 restaurants, you will have a hard time doing anything else.
- If you’re a more outdoorsy group, hiking in Shenandoah National Park is a must. Hop in the car with your friends and take the scenic route in before exploring more than 500 miles of awesome trails, waterfalls, and lush valley views.
- Experience the numerous art galleries and museums in the area, on the Monticello Artisan Trail. This regional trail way connects craft artisans’ studios, galleries, Agri artisan farms, markets, a local restaurant, and more.
Whatever you and the girls decide to do; it will be time well spent making lifelong memories together!
Girls Package Deal
If you’re looking to make your girls weekend getaway a little extra special, we have a couple different packages and specials for you to appreciate! Our most popular package is the Third Night’s a Charm weekday special. If two days just isn’t enough face time away with your group, stay three weekday nights and receive 50% off the third night! If you are all getting together for a special occasion like a bachelorette party, you can also add-on one of our celebration packages, including champagne, red wine or white wine with delicious chocolate strawberries.
There is no better getaway than a weekend with the girls. Spend some much need quality time together, catch up on life, talk about the future, enjoy a glass of wine, and relax!