Five Changes We’re Making as You Begin Traveling Again…
In the twinkling of an eye, our world (and our lives) have been turned upside down… families quarantined, schools closed, vacations missed, weddings postponed, work-spaces altered, and travel stopped! Calling it “surreal” doesn’t begin to adequately describe this public health crisis we’re in, and of all the losses we’ve mourned, none seem more invasive than the loss of our freedom. The freedom to move… to fellowship… to experience… and simply to go!
As a new day dawns and our world emerges from its self-imposed isolation, we’ll all be looking for ways to rest, to relax, and to rejuvenate. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, staying home 24/7 for six to eight weeks isn’t necessarily refreshing or rejuvenating, and the term “stay-cation” will take on a whole new meaning for most of us.
Though we’ll all have lingering concerns about travel for a while (that’s to be expected considering what we’ve just been through), we believe that this crisis will pass and we’ll all need rest, relaxation and rejuvenation more than ever before. Consider a “stay-cation”… a road trip rather than a cruise ship; close-by rather than exotic. Stay small, stay safe.
Our approach as we welcome guests is simply to minimize your risk.
We’ve always prided ourselves on our cleaning and hygiene practices and with 13 guest accommodations (including 8 private cottages) on 40 rural acres, we specialized in “social distancing” before there was even a name for it! “Staying Small” IS “Staying Safe”! However, as you begin thinking about venturing out from home, we wanted to describe five fundamental operational changes we’re making to make sure YOUR health and well-being is guarded during your stay:
1) Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, including providing disinfectant stations throughout the common areas and at check-in;
- We’ve enhanced our normal cleaning & sanitizing procedures, and have added industrial virucidal products;
- Common-area touchpoints (doorknobs, switches, railings, etc) are being sanitized with disinfectant multiple times per day;
- We’ve removed most fabric throw pillows from rooms and beds;
- Our housekeepers will not enter your room during your stay. You can choose:
Partial Service: We’ll deliver a basket of fresh towels/amenities to your door daily;
No Service: No staff member will enter your room during your visit;
2) Increased Access to our full 40 acres
- A Naturally “Socially-Distanced” Setting
- 40 acres of private grounds with plenty of “spreading-out” space, including:
- Old-fashioned front porch, verandas, a gazebo;
- Numerous outdoor chairs, a fire pit, 1.5-mile nature trail;
- 4-acre arboretum, a hammock, rolling pastures
- Horseshoe pit, volleyball/badminton, basketball;
- Historic barns, horses, alpacas, chickens, cats, and dogs;
- Secluded swimming pool (available only to our guests).
3) Updated Dining Procedures
Breakfast Options… We still serve our full, award-winning breakfast… you choose where!
- Room Delivery: Chef’s full, hot breakfast is delivered directly to your room or cottage (Any associated delivery fees will be waived until further notice);
- Dining Room: While our dining room has always contained private tables, seating times and table availability will be staggered to achieve maximum social distancing. Breakfast servers will be gloved while serving you.
- Though our restaurant is temporarily closed (with regrets to those who miss Prospect Hill’s unique and award-winning dinners), we are maintaining an up-to-date listing or local (and not-so-local) dining alternatives.
- In lieu of fresh baked goods, our refreshment station will include only commercially pre-wrapped items (granola bars, K-cups, creamers, sugar packets, etc).
- All in-room coffee makers exclusively use factory-sealed, single-use K-cups.
4) Flexible Policies
- In the event the Inn is required to close due to a county-wide or state-wide mandatory evacuation or state of emergency, we will issue your choice of 1) a full refund of your deposit; or 2) a voucher good for a future stay.
- Our cancellation policy has been dropped from 14 days to 10 days prior to arrival.
- Self check-in is available for all guests.
5) Lowered Rates
- Our rates on all rooms and cottages have been lowered significantly when you book directly through Prospect Hill (as opposed to a third-party travel website). Book online (prospecthill.com) or call us at 540-967-0844, and enjoy the peace of mind that you’re getting the best available rate.
We’ve truly missed seeing our guests during these past few weeks. As Charlottesville re-opens, we want to personally invite you to visit, and reassure you that we’ll make your visit safe, relaxing, and memorable.
MAKE A “CLEAN” GETAWAY