We’ve always prided ourselves on our cleaning and hygiene practices (as many of our guest reviews attest) and with 8 private cottages on 40 rural acres, we specialized in “social distancing” before there was a name for it! “Staying Small” IS “Staying Safe”, but we’ve implemented additional operational procedures to ensure everyone’s health and well-being during your stay:
Stay Small, Stay Safe at Our Top Rated Bed & Breakfast
How We’re Caring For You as Virginia Re-Opens
A Naturally “Socially-Distanced” Setting
40 acres of private grounds with plenty of “spreading-out” space, including:
- Old-fashioned front porch, verandas, a gazebo
- Numerous outdoor chairs, a fire pit, 1.5-mile nature trail
- 4-acre arboretum, hammock, rolling pastures
- Horseshoe pit, volleyball/badminton, basketball
- Historic barns, horses, alpacas, chickens, cats, and dogs
- Secluded outdoor swimming pool
- Comprehensive COVID-19 protocols are in place, including disinfectant stations throughout the common areas and at check-in.
- We’ve enhanced our normal cleaning procedures, and have added EPA-registered virucidal products.
- Common-area touchpoints (doorknobs, switches, railings, etc) are disinfected multiple times per day.
- Housekeepers won’t enter your room during your stay for daily refreshing. You can choose:
- No Service: No one will enter your room during your visit.
- Partial Service: We’ll deliver a basket of requested amenities to your door daily.
We still serve our full, award-winning breakfast… you choose where!
- Room Delivery: Chef’s full, hot breakfast is delivered directly to your room or cottage (Any associated delivery fees will be waived until further notice)
- Dining Room: While our dining room has always contained private tables, and seating times & table availability are staggered, we’re not yet serving in our dining room.
Dinner Options & Refreshments
- While our restaurant remains temporarily closed for dinner, we are maintaining an up-to-date listing of local (and not-so-local) dining alternatives.
- In lieu of fresh baked goods, our refreshment station includes only commercially pre-wrapped items (granola bars, K-cups, creamers, sugar packets, etc). All in-room coffee makers exclusively use factory-sealed, single-use K-cups.
In the event the Inn is required to close due to a county-wide or state-wide mandatory evacuation or state of emergency, we will issue your choice of 1) a full refund of your deposit; or 2) a voucher good for a future stay. Self check-in is available for all guests.